Fiancé(e) Visa (K-1 / K-2) Lawyer in Miami, FL

victims of domestic violence

Looking for a fiancé visa lawyer in Miami, Florida? At the Law Offices of Ama Mariya Hoffenden, our team has both the expertise and the experience to help.
We provide comprehensive K-1 and K-2 visa services, helping you navigate the complex application process and ensuring you are prepared for your interview at the United States embassy.
We understand the intricacies of these visa types, and we can help you decide if you are a good candidate and offer advice on the best way forward. With our support, you will be a legal resident in the United States in no time.
Please note that we also help clients throughout the rest of Florida and other states as well. 

Call Us Today (786) 353-4202

What Is a Fiancé(e) Visa?

What is a fiancé visa? It’s a type of marriage visa that allows unmarried couples to reunite in the United States with the intention of marrying. Typically, it offers the benefit of being quicker than a spousal visa, allowing a foreign national fiancé to enter the country and marry an American citizen or legal permanent resident within 90 days.
A K-1 visa gives couples a chance to live together before marrying without the obligation to proceed with the marriage. If the marriage does not take place, the applicant must leave.

Program Requirements

There are several fiancé visa requirements to consider, including:

The couple intends to marry within 90 days and live in the United States.

The US citizen/resident can demonstrate sufficient income to support the couple.

The couple has met in person within the last two years.

So long as your relationship is genuine and you have met in person, and if you can demonstrate to immigration officials that your relationship is real, you will likely be a strong applicant for this kind of visa. With our team’s help, your K-1 visa petition will have the best chance of success.

Non-Immigrant Child Visa (K-2)

The K-2 visa is an accompaniment of the K-1 visa, allowing an alien fiancé to bring his or her child to the United States when traveling with the intent of marrying in the United States. A child is eligible for the K-2 visa if they are under the age of 21, they are unmarried. 
With our help, we’ll file the form accurately and ensure the K-2 visa process is seamless and simple.

How Our Attorneys Can Help With The K-1 / K-2 Visa Process?

The fiancé visa process is not as simple as you might think. Not only do you need to go through the visa application process, but you will also need to adjust your status to a legal resident after the marriage takes place.
Even the smallest of errors in your initial petition can cause huge delays or even require you to start the process again, and errors in your adjustment of status process can cause further delays that stop you from being able to legally work in the United States.
At the Law Offices of visa attorney Ama Mariya Hoffenden, we have the years of experience required to ensure your process goes ahead without a hitch. We know what it takes to file petitions accurately, and we’ll guide you every step of the way. From application to interview, and from interview to adjustment of status, we’re here to help!

How Much Are the K-1 Visa Fees?

The fiancé visa cost of application is made up of the visa attorney cost and the various filing fees. When filing a K-1 or K-2 visa, fees are split into:

Filing fee of $535 for the I-129F form

Fee of $1,225 for Form I-485 for adjustment of status

Fee of $275 to the consulate for application

Biometrics fee of $85 if required

At the Law Offices of Ama Mariya Hoffenden, we believe visa attorney costs should be affordable, making the K-1 visa application accessible to every couple that intends to marry in the United States. We offer competitive visa fees and friendly, helpful service.
Find out more about our prices and how we can make your K-1 visa application seamless and easy by calling our Miami, Florida law office today!

How Long Does The Process Take?

Wondering how long does the fiancé visa process take? That depends on how long it takes you to file your paperwork, and then how long the United States Embassy or Consulate need to process it.
Typically, the processing time for a K-1 and K-2 visa is between 60 days and 120 days, depending on how busy the embassy is. Then, once you are issued the visa, you’ll have six months to enter the United States, and then 90 days to get married.
With our help ensuring your visa application is filed quickly and accurately, we’ll minimize processing time by avoiding unnecessary delays.

Why Would a Fiancé(e) Visa Be Denied?

It is natural to wonder “why would a fiancé visa be denied?Most couples can avoid a denial by enlisting the help of a visa attorney in Florida like Ama Mariya Hoffenden, as the most common reason for denial or delays is incorrectly filed paperwork.
Other fiancé visa denial reasons include:

Lack of supporting documentation or evidence

Insufficient financial documentation

Previous marriages not legally terminated

Before beginning your application, we will ensure you are a good applicant candidate for the visa and get all necessary documentation to ensure a smooth K-1 and K-2 application process.


To connect with us, dial the phone number below or fill out the contact form and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.

4000 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 165-S,
Hollywood, Florida 33021
Ask us a question
Thank you!
Your submission has been received
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.